Licensed to practice law in Tennessee, Mississippi and Texas, Patrick has fought for the rights of consumers in complex civil litigation throughout the United States for over twenty-five years.
Patrick is a member of the Tennessee Bar, the State Bar of Texas, the Mississippi Bar Association, the Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association, and Taxpayers Against Fraud. He graduated from the University of Mississippi with a Bachelor of Arts in English. He received his Doctor of Jurisprudence from the University of Houston Law Center where he was a member of the Phi Delta Phi legal fraternity.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Qui Tam Law (Whistleblower)
- Wrongful Death
- Consumer Protection
- Elder Care/Nursing Home
- Tennessee Bar
- State Bar of Texas
- Mississippi Bar
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Texas; Northern and Southern Districts of Mississippi; and the Middle, Eastern and Western Districts of Tennessee
University of Houston Law Center, Houston, Texas
- Doctor of Jurisprudence
University of Mississippi
- Bachelor of Arts
- Major: English
Honors and Awards
- Lawdragon’s 500 Leading Plaintiff Consumer Lawyers – Plaintiffs in personal injury claims, 2022
- “Lawyer of the Year” by Best Lawyers® in America, U.S. News, for Products Liability – Plaintiffs, 2021
- Texas Super Lawyer, a Thomson Reuters Business, 2003-2022
- Martindale-Hubbell: “AV” Rated
- Member of American Board of Trial Advocates ABOTA
- Member of Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Best Lawyers in America®, US News, 2006 – 2023
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- Top 100: Houston Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters Business, 2013
- Extraordinary Minorities in Texas Law, Texas Lawyer, 2015
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Tennessee Bar
- Texas State Bar
- Mississippi State Bar Association
- Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association
- Taxpayers Against Fraud
- Phi Delta Phi
- Recovered $3 million judgment for personal injuries sustained in railroad crossing collision.
- Co-lead counsel for whistleblower in False Claims Act action involving unlawful marketing of diabetic supplies resulting in recovery of $18 million.
- Obtained a settlement of $31.7 million for a nationwide class of marine hose product purchasers alleging a global conspiracy to unlawfully fix prices of these products.
- Co-lead counsel for whistleblower in False Claims Act action involving fraudulent operation of cancer clinic, resulting in criminal conviction and forfeiture of nearly $5.7 million.
- Co-counsel for nationwide class of Medicare beneficiaries who overpaid for enteral nutrition products, resulting in settlement of approximately $10 million.