Personal Injury & Wrongful Death
- $2.78 million judgment for our client’s injuries sustained after being involved in a car accident
- Keith Hyde and Darren Brown win a $6.6 million verdict against MobilOil for the death of worker who died from
- Matthew Matheny and Bryan Blevins won a $16 million verdict against CenterPoint Energy for the injuries sustained by an IBEW 66 member after he fell 50 feet to the ground from an electrical pole. Read more about it here.
- Joe Fisher and Guy Fisher won a $6.2 million verdict against an apartment complex and management company that failed to provide adequate on-site security where a Houston teenager was brutally murdered. This verdict was the number one largest premises liability awards and was recognized in Top Texas Verdicts & Settlements of 2018. Read more about it here.
- Keith Hyde and Darren Brown win a $6.6 million verdict against MobilOil for the death of worker who died from leukemia as a result of benzene exposure
- James E. Payne and Matthew Matheny obtained the largest wrongful death settlement for an individual against a defendant in South Carolina History. Read more about it here.
- James E. Payne obtained the largest wrongful death settlement for a single individual and his family in the firm’s over 50-year history.
- Settlement on behalf of a worker injured as a result of exposure to Hydrogen Sulfide gas at a paper mill.
- Settlement resulting from a complex multi-party death and property damage claim involving the collapse of the Jefferson County Airport roof.
- Settlement resulting from a motorcycle accident which caused brain and spinal injuries to the motorcycle rider.
- Settlement in a case for an injured electricians apprentice, who was injured a result of a premises owner’s failure to provide adequate fall protection.
- Settlement achieved on behalf of a widow and her unborn child in the death of her husband due to negligent pipeline construction and cable.
- Award on behalf of a 27-year-old woman who was injured in an 18-wheeler accident and was unable to continue her studies to become a physical therapist due to negligence of Fleet Line Trucking, Inc.
- Settlement arising out of a Death on the High Seas Act claim brought on behalf of the widow of a man who was killed when the helicopter that he was riding in crashed in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Settlement plus 4 year college or technical school tuition and books settlement against railroad on behalf of signalman injured while lifting battery box lid.
- Settlement against manufacturer of packaging equipment that allegedly caused plastics to be wrapped with food product.
- Bryan Blevins won a $140 million class action arbitration completing a $178,500,000 settlement
- Ed Fisher won a $19.19 million verdict for a Hardin County man who fell 25′ from a defectively designed Genie boom lift leading to severe injury and the possible amputation of his legs.
- Joe Fisher and Ed Fisher won a $4.8 million verdict for a Denton County man who suffered permanent loss of function of his dominant hand when he fell from a defective Werner ladder. This verdict was one of the largest product liability awards and was recognized in Top Texas Verdicts & Settlements of 2018. Read more about it here. U.S. Supreme Court
- Settlement as co-counsel in a class action lawsuit against Dupont Merck Pharmaceutical Company alleging violations of various state consumer protection laws in the sale of an anticoagulant drug.
- Settlement on behalf of 200 plaintiffs against 12 to 14 petrochemical companies alleging mismanagement of gasoline distribution facilities. Injuries included illness, property devaluation and loss profits resulting from soil and ground water contamination.
- Verdict on behalf of a 68-year-old man who died from leukemia associated with his Benzene exposure at multiple locations, including Mobil.
- Verdict in a Benzene exposure case brought on behalf of the surviving family members of a petrochemical worker
- Settlement in Travis County, Texas in a case alleging ground water contamination by a major oil company.
- $2.2 million verdict for sandblaster diagnosed with Silicosis
- Benzene settlement resulting from the diagnosis and death of four leukemia stricken petrochemical workers.
- Settlement awarded in a bladder cancer case resulting from exposure to carcinogenic chemicals in the petrochemical industry.
Qui Tam Law
- $57 million settlement against a defense contractor for selling helicopters with defective gears
- Several settlements (to date) in the largest qui tam lawsuit of its kind brought under the False Claims Act on behalf of the United States of America, alleging oil royalties due the United States for oil production on federal and Indian owned lands were underpaid by 18 of the largest American oil companies. Provost Umphrey Law Firm served as lead counsel.
- $11.2 million settlement by SavaSeniorCare LLC for billing medically unnecessary services to Medicare and Medicaid. Whistleblower represented by Michael Hamilton
- $7M settlement in healthcare fraud whistleblower case
Oil and Gas
- $24.4 million settlement to resolve litigation against Repsol Oil and Gas USA, LLC, formerly Talisman Energy USA, Inc., for royalty owners represented by Bryan Blevins
- Bryan Blevins obtained settlements of unpaid royalties in excess of $21 Million for our clients from operators and lessors after oil and gas royalty payments were improperly calculated and deducted.