Although serious concern about inhalation of silica – essentially, finely ground sand – goes back to the 1930s, recognition that silica exposure caused silicosis, lung cancer and other potentially fatal conditions increased dramatically in the 1990s. Today we know that:
- Many workers in oil fields and refineries, construction, mining, foundries, demolition, manufacturing, plumbing, painting and other industries have been exposed to dangerous levels of silica dust.
- Workers struck by such diseases should consult a proven lawyer for thorough consideration of the possible connection to silica exposure on the job and their rights to compensation.
Silica Dust Attorneys Fighting for Toxic Exposure Victims Nationwide
Sandblasters, masonry workers, quarry workers, railroad workers and many oil industry workers are among groups most commonly affected by silica exposure and silicosis, but toxic exposure has occurred in a range of other industrial settings. We are Texas silicosis attorneys who have pursued claims on a national basis, including representing victims in Mississippi, Ohio, Pennsylvania and other states.
Our attorneys’ experience in silica-related disease litigation is extensive. Our firm has obtained substantial, groundbreaking trial verdicts and settlements for victims and their families, working through issues such as:
- Liability that may rest either with a product manufacturer or the company responsible for the unsafe work environment
- Medical qualification for compensation by demonstrating our clients’ levels of breathing impairment
- Substantiating our clients’ damage claims in multidistrict litigation (MDL) in order to win the right to individual jury trials
- Assessing compensation for disease victims and families that may be available through the outreach programs offered by some silica product manufacturers
Provost Umphrey has long been a recognized leader in toxic exposure litigation on behalf of people injured on their jobs. From groundbreaking mesothelioma and asbestos cancer verdicts to benzene exposure settlements and verdicts, our attorneys have dedicated themselves to defending the rights of workers and families impacted by debilitating injuries and deadly diseases.
Request a Free Case Evaluation Today
Wherever you are in the United States, if you have been diagnosed with silicosis, lung cancer, or another serious condition that may be related to silica exposure, we encourage you to contact us for caring, informed counsel on your legal rights and options.