Joe has been selected to the list of Texas Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters every year since 2008. He is a member of the State Bar of Texas, the Jefferson County Bar Association, and the Texas Trial Lawyers Association.
Active in his community, Joe is on the board of Girl’s Haven, a charitable organization that provides housing, supervision, counseling and life’s daily needs for young women and girls whose family situation requires that they live outside their homes either temporarily, or permanently. He also serves on the Board of Directors for the Erhart School in Beaumont, Texas, a charter school that serves as an alternative to public or private school for children from kindergarten through 8th grade.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Toxic Tort
- Refinery Accidents
- Jones Act Seaman
- Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2001
- Texas, 1993
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
University of Houston Law Center, Houston, Texas
- Doctor of Jurisprudence – 1993
- Bachelor of Business – 1990
- Major: Business
Honors and Awards
- Lawdragon’s 500 Leading Plaintiff Consumer Lawyers – Plaintiffs in personal injury claims, 2023
- Lawdragon’s 500 Leading Plaintiff Consumer Lawyers – Plaintiffs in personal injury claims, 2022
- Top Forty Under Forty, Texas Lawyer Magazine, 2003
- Texas Super Lawyer, a Thomson Reuters Business, 2008 – 2023
- The Best Lawyers in America®, US News, 2011 – 2023
- Houston’s Top Lawyers, Personal Injury, H Texas Magazine, 2014 – Present
- Southeast Texas “Lawyer of the Year” for Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs, The Best Lawyers in America®, US News, 2015 – present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas, Member
- Jefferson County Bar Association, Member
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Erhart School in Beaumont, Texas, Board of Directors (past)
Joe Fisher and Ed Fisher won a $4.8 million verdict for a Denton County man who suffered permanent loss of function of his dominant hand when he fell from a defective Werner ladder. This verdict was one of the largest product liability awards and was recognized in Top Texas Verdicts & Settlements of 2018. Read more about it here.
Joe obtained a confidential settlement with CenterPoint Energy when an electrical contractor suffered life-changing injuries from an electrocution at a company substation.
Joe Fisher and Guy Fisher won a $6.2 million verdict against an apartment complex and management company that failed to provide adequate on-site security where a Houston teenager was brutally murdered. This verdict was the number one largest premises liability awards and was recognized in Top Texas Verdicts & Settlements