Two Provost Umphrey attorneys have been named Lawyer of the Year for their respective practice groups as part of the Best Lawyers in America 2022 honors.
Equity Partner Edward Fisher earned Lawyer of the Year distinction for his work in mass tort litigation and class actions on behalf of plaintiffs. Attorney Colin D. Moore earned Lawyer of the Year for his work in product liability litigation for plaintiffs with additional recognition for his work in personal injury, mass tort litigation, and class actions.
For a seventh consecutive year, all of Provost Umphrey’s equity partners earned placement to the Best Lawyers in America listing. Bryan O. Blevins, Jr., Edward Fisher, Joe J. Fisher II, Matthew Matheny, and James E. Payne received honors for their work with plaintiffs in personal injury and product liability litigation. Blevins and Matheny received additional recognition for their work in mass tort and class actions for plaintiffs.
Additional Provost Umphrey attorneys honored by Best Lawyers in 2022 for their plaintiffs’ litigation work include:
- Darren L. Brown: Consumer Law, Mass Torts, Class Actions, Personal Injury, and Product Liability
- Guy G. Fisher: Mass Torts, Class Actions, Personal Injury, and Product Liability
- W. Michael Hamilton: Labor and Employment
- Christopher T. Kirchmer: Mass Torts, Class Actions, Personal Injury, and Product Liability
- Jacqueline Ryall: Personal Injury
- John Cowan: Product Liability
- D’Juana Parks: Mass Torts, Class Actions, Personal Injury, and Product Liability
- Keith Hyde: Environmental Litigation, Mass Torts, Class Actions, Personal Injury, and Product Liability
- David P. Wilson: Admiralty and Maritime Law and Personal Injury
Provost Umphrey Attorney Fabiana Baum has been named as Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch for her work in personal injury litigation on behalf of plaintiffs. This award is given to up-and-coming attorneys that demonstrate promising careers.?
The Best Lawyers in America is recognized as one of the leading guides to the U.S. legal profession. Surveys from tens of thousands of attorneys nationwide are used to compile the rankings of the nation’s top lawyers in various practice areas.